cmake and 64 bit installations

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Jun 9 18:21:00 BST 2006

On Friday 9 June 2006 17:27, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > You can't do that. On some systems (e.g. Debian/Kubuntu), 64-bit libs
> > go to "/lib" and 32-bit libs if any go to "/lib32".
>
> .. which is quite screwed up and as far as I heard they're trying to
> change it.

Its screwed up?
On my 64bit machine I have exactly 0(zero) 32-bit libraries installed and
everything is called 'lib' and not 'lib64'.

As far as I see it; the machines bitsize is the default and making new
installations adjust to what lots of others have is soon going to be a
bad legacy decision.
--
Thomas Zander