Standalone qt-dbus in kdesupport

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Jun 8 22:21:04 BST 2006

Paulo Moura Guedes schrieb:
> On Thursday 08 June 2006 20:59, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thursday 08 June 2006 21:45, you wrote:
>>

>>> Because both kdewin32 and qtdbus would be installed by default (on
>>> program files) under the kdesupport directory, which would be called
>>> "kdesupport", because it's the name of the project.
>>>
>> I don't thunk qtdbus should be installed under kdesupport.
>> AFAIK the gif-library, zlib, jpeg etc. are installed from "gnuwin". Where
>> do you install them ?
>>

> You're right, they are all installed under the gnuwin32 dir. On my pc I have
> d:/gnuwin32.
>

>> I think kdewin32 and qtdbus should be handled similar to those.
>>

> I think that's a good idea. But if we make that the default in the Find*.cmake
> files, we should ensure we also install things on the gnuwin32 dir by
> default.

But this makes packagers live harder.

Currently I run make install and zip the installing directory to make a
binary release. If the installed files are merged into the gnuwin32
package location by default , for packaging a tempory installation
directory is required.

It is possible to set a different installation dir for make install ?

Ralf