Standalone qt-dbus in kdesupport

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 21:16:37 BST 2006

On 6/7/06, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> Matt Broadstone wrote:
> >I'm sort of confused as to what the bindings in the dbus cvs are for?
> >the things that we --disable-qt3 and --disable-qt for, why aren't
> >thiago's bindings there?
>
> They are.
>
> But there's a bit of a lag between the kdesupport version (the official
> source) and the copy in the CVS. Sometimes, I won't copy the changes for
> a few days.
>
> --
> Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira.info - thiago (AT) kde.org
>   thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
>     GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
>     E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
>     966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway

Ah ok, well imho the bigger annoyance in the new build process (as
long as we're talking consolidation) is moving between CVS and SVN,
for DBUS and KDE respectively. Perhaps we should try to go for
something like a dbus-copy in trunk as we do with qt (after all, it
would be quite annoying to use rsync for qt, cvs for dbus, and svn for
kde right?) and perhaps if this were the case then we could move your
development of qt-dbus bindings to our copy of dbus? I know this all
sounds like a mess, but there are a lot of points to mess up the build
with the current setup of things, at least that's my experience of the
past two days trying to build kdelibs4_snapshot.

Cheers,
    Matt Broadstone