Documenting dbus IDL (xml) files.

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Jun 6 09:16:50 BST 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 09:09, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> >Is there some way that dbusidl2cpp could be enhanced to allow
> > documentation in the IDL xml file without encoding it into the
> > Q_CLASSINFO definition?
>
> I could erase the comment nodes from the XML DOM tree.
>
> But if you want to document the D-BUS interfaces, you should participate
> in the on-going discussions on how to do that in a platform-independant
> way, for all bindings.
>
> One thing I can tell you is it won't be Doxygen.

For this reason I'd suggest sticking the documentation into a .h file with
some kind of fake class / namespace / file settings and using @fn to name the
individual functions. It's broken and inconvenient, but the only way to get
stuff into the visible API documentation at this time.

In the long run, something to extract the documentation from whatever is
chosen on the DBUS side in order to feed it into Doxygen would be useful, so
that the documentation can be written in the XML and still integrate with the
rest of the KDE documentation.

--
Adriaan de Groot
  KDE Quality Team