Documenting dbus IDL (xml) files.

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Tue Jun 6 04:36:55 BST 2006

Working on converting kdelibs/interfaces/kspeech/kspeech.h to dbus.

I renamed the kspeech.h file to org.kde.kttsd.KSpeech.xml and then hand coded
the dbus xml.  kspeech.h contains a lot of Doxygen documentation.  Thinking
it would be nice to preserve all this information, I surrounded all the
Doxygen comments with xml comment tags (<!--     comment    -->).  When run
through dbusidl2cpp these comments become encoded as strings in the
Q_CLASSINFO definition.

I assume this will consume tons of memory and therefore isn't a good idea.

I could move all the documentation into a separate .h file, but it strikes me
as undesirable to separate the documentation from the code.

Is there some way that dbusidl2cpp could be enhanced to allow documentation in
the IDL xml file without encoding it into the Q_CLASSINFO definition?

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer