cmake/dbus/QtDBUS integration

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jun 6 00:21:57 BST 2006

Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
>On Monday 05 June 2006 22:07, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> One last thing: FindQtDBus.cmake finds QtDBus using pkg-config and
>> QtDBus depends on Qt, which means Qt must be found using pkg-config
>> too.
>>
>> Can we now make FindQt4.cmake find Qt using pkg-config to avoid this
>> problem? At least as the default, leaving the current PATH/qmake test
>> as a fallback mechanism.
>
>Why don't make FindQt4.cmake not depend on pkg-config, if every
> Find*.cmake on kdelibs doesn't?

The problem is dbus and QtDBus: they mandate the use of pkg-config for Qt
too. So, right now, you must configure BOTH ways of finding Qt and they
must point to the same Qt, or you'll have problems.

So, please, use pkg-config as the default.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway