kdirlister and friends

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Sat Jun 3 15:19:31 BST 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 23:41, Jens Herden wrote:
> 1. I would move KDirListerCache::validURL into the KDirLister class because
> it is not working with any data from KDirListerCache.
I just moved this out of KDirLister lately... it doesn't make sense for
KDirLister to check the URL because KDirListerCache does it anyway. Why do
want to move it? It doesn't matter if the method itself accesses
KDirListerCache data or not.

> 3. I wonder if the code for filtering could get removed from KDirLister.
Sure. That was my plan anyway. I started to write the patch already but by the
time it was almost ready KDE 3.0 was freezed and released... so it was
postponed for KDE 4.0.

> If you want I can create a patch for my suggested changes.
Go ahead if you want, I'd be interested.

Cheers,
--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 4: Beyond Your Expectations