KSelectAction

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sun Jul 30 09:29:00 BST 2006

Am Freitag, 28. Juli 2006 13:44 schrieb Hans Meine:
>  am among the latter, and I can tell you that it's a hell of a mess when
> the accelerators change, because suddenly you are activating random menu
> options (possibly dangerous, or at least hard-to-undo), and you have to
> carefully look what you actually did, and then train your brain not to do
> so again (it may happen several times before you learned).  That's what I
> call bad user experience, and I am very much in favor of ideas how to
> improve this.  (For example, introduce prioritized
> want-to-have-accelerators which are respected by the accelerator managers,
> or similar.)

I think what's missing is a way to hardcode accels after they are first used.
Either by the user (first actual use of the accelerator) or by the
application (first display of &View in a specific window).

I'd also remove most of our accelerators from the code. If you ever translated
a random KDE application you will find yourself doing a blind flight throug
the accelerators.

Greetings, Stephan