#include <QFoo>

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Jul 27 23:46:05 BST 2006

Allen Winter wrote:
>(for some reason I'm not following Thiago's posting these days.
>the one in the KDE_EXPORT thread the other day hurt my brain)

Let me try to explain it again:

KDE_EXPORT marks a class for export
KDE_NO_EXPORT is a no-op

The proposal was to make either macro mandatory. But we'd be artificially
creating a problem to be solved: the developer will have to remember to
use one macro or another. Then we'd check that no one forgot about that.
So why create the problem in the first place, if there is no problem?

To compound the problem, there are private, exported classes. So there can
be KDE_EXPORTed classes whose Doxygen documentation is
marked "@internal". So the use of the macros does not indicate whether a
class is public or not.

Not to mention that apidox are necessary for all public classes.

On the other hand, classes not explicitly exported are, by definition,
private.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358