kdelibs coding style

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Jul 25 21:40:58 BST 2006

Am Dienstag, 25. Juli 2006 19:50 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> A Dimarts 25 Juliol 2006 18:13, Thiago Macieira va escriure:
> > Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > >KDE is a meritocracy, and it did scale so far, didn't it?
> >
> > It won't scale for far too long: that's why we elected the TWG. This
> > thread is the very proof of that it won't scale. We simply cannot take a
> > vote because we can't define the group that should have the voting
> > rights.
>
> So is the TWG going to impose the coding style?
That highly depends on what you mean with impose. I think we definitly want to
publish the Qt style as suggested style and this will also be the emacs and
kate modelines installed.

But I don't think we will put the "no exceptions" rule in practise - because
it's IMO just too much bad blood[1] for too few gain.

Greetings, Stephan
[1] I hope that translates.