kdelibs coding style

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Jul 22 17:44:41 BST 2006

Kleag wrote:
>Well, maybe a lot of people agreed with Charles but didn't want to
> higher the traffic too much and let the discussion continue for some
> time. It's my case.

Please understand the difference between "yeah, if it were up to me, I'd
put the braces on the next line" and "I demand that the policy be changed
to say that everyone put the braces on the next line".

Charles is asking for the second option. He is clearly not satisfied with
where the proposed policy puts braces. He's prepared to open a precedent
to changing the policy whenever people don't like it. Are you agreeing
with that?

Just for the record, I fall into the first category: my coding style would
be to put it on the next line. But weighing the change against opening
the precedent, I'd stay with the proposal as it is.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358