kutils/KEdit

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 15:33:56 BST 2006

Hi,

The only reason I use KEdit from time to time is because it starts up
more quickly than the alternatives (or at least feels quite a bit
quicker) and because it is simple.

If KWrite could start instantaneously, and if the menus could be
simplified a little bit then I wouldn't mind if KEdit was dropped.  To
explain what I mean about the menus, the "Tools" menu is longer than
the default window height of the whole program.  If I should
accidentally mouse over the encoding menu, it expands to fill the
whole screen and part of a second menu.

On a side note, what is the difference between KWrite and Kate?  Or in
other words, when would I want to use KWrite instead of Kate?

Regards,
Robert.