KParts, widget() and multiple views in katepart

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Fri Jul 21 23:42:03 BST 2006

Currently Katepart does not implement widget() when the part is a ReadOnly.

I think this is wrong as it makes the documentation for KParts::widget() into
a liar.  The solution is simple, katepart can call KParts::setWidget() on the
KTextEditor::Document::activeView().  Unfortunately, this introduces a
problem because KParts insists on handling the deletion of the part if the
widget is deleted.

So, my solution is to introduce a protected function/variable in KParts
like 'handleWidgetDeletion' that setWidget() will honor.

Sound ok?

Adam