kutils/KEdit

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 18:58:21 BST 2006

On 7/21/06, Leo Savernik <l.savernik at aon.at> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 21. Juli 2006 16:23 schrieb Jaison Lee:
> > On 7/21/06, Benjamin Meyer <ben at meyerhome.net> wrote:
> > > Now that KWrite can do bi-directional text is there any reason left to
> > > keep KEdit (the application)?
> >
> [...]
> > I suppose the most important question is: Is it actively maintained
> > and what is his/her opinion?
>
> The really most important question is actually this: Can the user perform all
> bidi tasks in kwrite as he could do in kedit? Only if this question can be
> answered with an unananimous yes -- and this means that there are no strage
> bidi bugs or usability issues left which prevent effective editing -- then
> kedit should be sent into its well deserved retirement.

Above any objections of an active, enthusiastic maintainer that has
put time and effort into contributing something to the KDE project?
All so that we can remove one of the smallest apps there is in a
module that isn't even always installed?

That's awfully good to know. I may have to rethink my maintainership of KJots...