kdelibs coding style

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Thu Jul 20 20:47:14 BST 2006

Maksim Orlovich wrote, on Thursday 2006 July 20 12:39 pm:
> > Indention differs within files which makes a lot of them unreadable
>
> Of course the reason it's inconsistent is that some people have attitude
> that they don't have to respect the author's choice. The same attitude
> that this proposal seems to share.

Man, the number of times I've had my code's indentation mangled up, while I
was still maintaining the software. Sometimes I've even written in a comment
that the indentation should be preserved.

Maks is right, these silly rules are going to be ignored because some people
don't care.

I make an effort to keep indentation the way I find it, even on files that I
make huge changes. Sometimes this is difficult when the file already has a
few changes.  It's impossible when Certain Bad Seeds use Qt-style random
indentation. But at least I try.

First, people need to respect others' style or we'll end up people reverting
good changes because there's not a space before and after the equal sign.

Charles