kdelibs coding style

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 20 20:24:11 BST 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 12:45, Charles Samuels wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote, on Thursday 2006 July 20 11:38 am:
> > let's not
> > turn this into a "phear the cabal" discussion as that's neither relevant
> > here nor productive.
>
> So you're saying that if all those that are not members of the cabal want
> to make suggestions, they won't be ignored?

of course. otherwise why would we post it for comment rather that just going
ahead and mandating it?

> Just consider if that most of the developers don't conform to this style
> due to stupid things in it, you're going to find those cabalists reverting
> a lot.

obviously we need consensus amongst the people who work on kdelibs so this is
avoided. and i don't see anything so egregious in the spec that should
warrant outright revolt =)

fwiw, i do use braces on the new line in my own coding style but it's more
valuable to me to see some standard rather than see it be -my- standard. the
Qt4 standard simply gives us a good enough template so we can move to
actually having a standard for libs.

> Thanks for the hugs,

no problem; there're never enough hugs in this world ...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness