qt-copy compiling problem due to private bool operators

mETz mETz81 at web.de
Wed Jul 19 13:08:08 BST 2006

Moin,

The change that made operator bool private for some of the containers is
causing problems for me:

kernel/qsound_x11.cpp: In function 'void callback(AuServer*,
AuEventHandlerRec*, AuEvent*, void*)':
../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qhash.h:270: error: 'QHash<Key,
T>::iterator::operator bool() const [with Key = void*, T = QAuServerNAS*]' is
private
kernel/qsound_x11.cpp:150: error: within this context

Reverting the changes for QMap, QHash and friends makes qt-copy compile again
but I guess something else is wrong here.

gcc is 4.0.4 20060630 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.3-4)

configure options are (paths stripped):

./configure  -platform linux-g++ \
             -debug-and-release \
             -fast \
             -no-rpath \
             -no-exceptions \
             -system-zlib \
             -system-libpng \
             -system-libjpeg \
             -system-nas-sound \
             -qt-gif \
             -qt-sql-psql \
             -qt-sql-mysql \
             -qt-sql-sqlite \
             -qt-sql-sqlite2 \
             -lfontconfig \
             -cups

I'm creating debian packages but disabled all patches from debian except the
one that removes link_prl from CONFIG and the one that calls assistant-qt4
instead of just assistant. I also applied all qt-copy patches before
building.

Any help to track this down would be appreciated :)

Bye
Stefan aka mETz