Trolltech <-> KDE contact point for critical issues

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Fri Jul 14 14:34:22 BST 2006

On Friday 14 July 2006 14:30, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > We would like to hear about issues and (missing) features in Qt 4 that
> > are critical to the release of KDE 4.0. Getting the Qt dbus bindings
> > working on Windows is a good example for that. (and thanks Peter for
> > investigating, btw)
>
> It's not critical to KDE because it's already in kdelibs, but why not
> move KLockFile and KTemp* to Qt? Does this not complete the file handling
> provided by Qt?

I couldn't agree more :)

It's not critical for KDE (so it's no Qt 4.2 material), it would be a very
nice feature to have and it surely would add to the file handling.

We of course couldn't just take KLockFile directly (think licensing, copyright
assignment, etc.), but then Qt already has somewhat of a lock file
implementation internally in QSettings.

Simon