New Prosal [was Re: policy change related to kdelibs snapshots]

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Fri Jul 14 11:23:58 BST 2006

Le vendredi 14 juillet 2006 11:40, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> Am Freitag, 14. Juli 2006 11:34 schrieb Olivier Goffart:

> > Is there a way to have mouse wheel event ? (this is used in amarok)
> >
> > Maybe the more powerfull way (although not portable) would be to have
> > direct access to the QWidget (in order to install an event filter)
>
> That's going way beyond reality. amarok should really install a plasmaoid
> instead of relying on the outdated concept of a taskbar that embed random
> widget. Did everyone forget we're trying to create a new generation of KDE?

Note that I personally don't use amarok systray actions,   but the usefull
mETz's media control applet (although it render really bad on my vertical
panel)

But the fact is that iut could be a nice feature on the kmix systray to
control the volume, or in lots of other application i can't think about

(the problem of a plasma applet is that it doesn't work in others desktop)

I don't want absolutely this feature, but it's a cool feature anyway.