LDAP functions in 4.0

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Jul 13 14:13:50 BST 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 05:11, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2006 10:34 schrieb Szombathelyi György:
> > Tobias Koenig írta:
> > >
> > > Hi György,

> > > Great, I'm all for it!
> > >
> > > We just have to think about where to locate this lib in SVN, if it's a
> > > generic lib, most applications should be able to make use of it.
> >
> > Put it to a seperate module in kdesupport? That has the drawback that
> > another module needed to compile in some KDE functions.
>
> Put the library in kdepimlibs - kdebase will require kdepimlibs pretty soon
> anyway I'm sure. It just doesn't make sense otherwise ;(

I elected myself the kdepimlibs gatekeeper yesterday :)

Anyhow, this is great.  But please make sure that the new library follows these rules:

In no particular order:
- name it kfoo (in this case kldap??)
- LGPL, BSD, or X11 license
- no krazy issues (which includes license and copyright)
- APIDOX
- Mainpage.dox
- libkfoo should be under the KFoo namespace
- each library kfoo should have its own kfoo.h. kfoo.h defines all
  the necessary visibility macros, including the windows defines.
- all library kfoo headers are installed in $top/include/kfoo
- D-Pointers, see http://developer.kde.org/policies/librarypolicy.html
- KFOO_EXPORT macros on public classes
- remove deprecated stuff
- libkfoo's revision should be N.0.0 for KDE 4.0.0,
  where N is 1 greater than what was the last revision in KDE 3.5.x.
  Most of the time it will be fine to use:
  set_target_properties(kfoo PROPERTIES VERSION ${GENERIC_LIB_VERSION} SOVERSION ${GENERIC_LIB_SOVERSION} )
- Messages.sh
- unit tests

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE