New Prosal [was Re: policy change related to kdelibs snapshots]

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 13 10:27:27 BST 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 2:21, mETz wrote:
> On Thursday July 13 2006 00:25, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > it makes me half-shudder how some of our icons do cute special little
> > things on MMB and most don't. in any case, the question is which do we
> > pick:
> >
> > 1) ask trolltech to add MMB support even though it's not portable
>
> I vote for this!

yes, already going this route. the question is what if the answers comes
back "no". but we can cross that bridge when we come to it. no point
discussing hypotheticals.

> I don't really want any of my apps to be a plasmoid instead. It makes
> perfect sense to have them in the systray. Most apps that didn't make sense
> in systray (knetload comes to mind) are dead by now or switched to applets.

oh, how i wish that were true =) though this sentiment explains why i have 12
systray icons right now and had to implement a hide button on the system
tray. =P

> If Trolltech really didn't want to support mmb we could still ask for
> supporting QWidget::mouse*Event() and handle that in KSystemTrayIcon (note:
> I'm not sure if that's possible with QSystemTrayIcon probably being a
> QObject on purpose).

already tried that. doesn't work. =/

--
Aaron J. Seigo