New Prosal [was Re: policy change related to kdelibs snapshots]

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 04:28:17 BST 2006

#1 or #4 (the keep our own thing) if that doesn't work out.

I look forward to having KDE apps available to people running other
OSes, but I absolutely draw the line at removing existing, functional
features from my own desktop just because those other OSes are
crippled or have only recently realized that mice should have more
than one button. If I thought Windows or Mac were acceptable
alternatives I'd be USING them.

I'd love to get as much into Qt as possible, but if they don't want or
are unable to put it in well then that's what kdelibs is for. Another
strange attitude surfacing recently is the "let's push everything in
the world down into Qt." I don't see that as being necessary.

Please don't dismantle my wonderful useful KDE desktop just to
maintain the least common denominator between operating systems.