New Prosal [was Re: policy change related to kdelibs snapshots]

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Wed Jul 12 22:25:19 BST 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 09:40, Clarence Dang wrote:
> I just svn update, keep a patch of the app port commits and revert it
> locally so that the app still compiles without a kdelibs update.  I
> re-apply the patch when I want to commit.
>
> I only update kdelibs when the changes are so big that they cause conflicts
> or other annoyances.
>
> And I actually port against trunk/KDE/kdelibs/, not the snapshot (yes, I
> hacked the cmake file; I should be shot etc.), as:
>
> 1. I might want to put some tiny changes into trunk/kdelibs
> 2. I don't update regularly so in effect, trunk and the snapshot are
> equivalent
> 3. I don't have the disk space nor CPU time for 2 branches
That is *exactly* what I did as well. But then I didn't have enough time
anymore to make the stuff compile and had to stop...

--
Rohan (Michael) Brade;         KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 4: Beyond Your Expectations