New Prosal [was Re: policy change related to kdelibs snapshots]

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Tue Jul 11 19:52:16 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 13:11, Clarence Dang wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 19:12, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > NEW PROPOSAL:
> >
> > We forget about the snapshotting as it, but don't allow BIC/SIC changes
> > to kdelibs trunk outside of mondays - and these commits have to come with
> > a prepared port of all modules in trunk/KDE and koffice.
>
> Argh!  No disk space or CPU power (be glad I got a new internet connection
> BTW).  I won't be able to later contribute non-trivial stuff to kdelibs...

Yes, you need a lot of computing power to be able to port and compile changes
which affect a number of different modules. If that was made mandatory, I
also couldn't contemplate doing any BIC/SIC changes in case it broke
something somewhere outside kdelibs. There has to be some flexibility for
developers who don't have compile farms.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.