policy change related to kdelibs snapshots

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue Jul 11 12:40:11 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 12:55, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > In this thread I have seen several koffice developers state that we
> > just want to update every other week. And all of them fully support
> > the initial proposal.
>
> No. They support anything that doesn't make them recompile more than
> once every two weeks.

Unlike you seem to appreciate the KOffice developers actually read,
understood the implications and support the proposal. Please don't be so
negative and reflect that upon others as well.

> And why are KOffice developers caring about trunk
> at all when they work on 1.6 anyway?

Right. It seems that you are the only one that has missed all the blogs
(read mine for a start) and cool stuff going on based on Qt4.

> > maybe it bothers you; well, get over it :-)
>
> Oh, it doesn't bother me personally, don't worry. I just thought that
> with 7 people in the TWG we can come up with something a bit better
> than half the development discipline we had in KDE 1.9x times.

Well, I appreciate you wanting a more rules based and more strict
development cycle. Please appreciate that a lot of the people here like
the more 'herding of cats' way of working common in open source where
creative solution finding (like coolo initiated with this thread) being
the norm.  I'd say that that is a good thing.

I'm the first to say that the last two weeks were below par on the issues
we are talking about here. And yet, there were various grass roots
efforts in the koffice community to follow the daily updates. Really;
your image of us lowly app developers needs some shining :)
--
Thomas Zander