[RFC] Split tests and examples in KDE4

Frans Englich englich at kde.org
Tue Jul 11 11:46:47 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 07:28, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 05:42, Frans Englich wrote:
> > No problem, I can provide those two examples ;-)
> >
> > * Full blown "formal" examples. Those are /not/ put in class/function
> > descriptions, but are "heavy" and form their own list. Here is a
> > demonstration:
> > http://patternist.sourceforge.net/documentation/API/examples.html
> >
> > This is achieved with the @example tag, which is documented here:
> > http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/commands.html#cmdexample
>
> I do that for QCA. However l expect that examples will have a main(), and
> be runnable. You don't seem to do that, but I don't understand why. Can you
> explain?

I don't think it's about taste. It's not mandated by Doxygen that @examples
must be free standing examples nor does it say they shouldn't.

An example, can be useful without it being runnable. And of course, a runnable
can also be useful. So it's just about to pick what fits in the particular
situation, imho.

Cheers,

		Frans