policy change related to kdelibs snapshots

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Mon Jul 10 19:11:28 BST 2006

On Monday 10 July 2006 18:57, David Faure wrote:

> There's just one downside to Cornelius's proposal: we lose the granularity
> of svn logs then, in the kdelibs-trunk history. All changes get merged
> every 2 weeks, in one go.

I tend to think that the history of bug fixes is more interesting than the
history of new feature development or big refactorings.

> I don't think we really want to replay all commits one by one :)
>
> So it seems to me that coolo's proposal, although a bit more complicated to
> grasp at first (kdelibs_trunk+bleedingedge || kdelibs_snapshot+trunk) is
> the one that leads to the best subversion history.

What happens to changes done to the snapshot branch? Are they merged back to
trunk or are they just overwritten?

An app developer using the stable branch of kdelibs might do the occasional
bug fix in the libs, but probably doesn't have the development branch of the
libs checked out to port patches.