KSystemTray

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sun Jul 9 20:16:33 BST 2006

Hi!

I consider it a mistake to expect from all applications using KSystemTray
a rewrite. KSystemTray used to be a widget (and interestingly enough you moved
it to kdeui/widgets :) and now it's just a qobject.

I made this patch to make KSystemTray a qlabel again, but I'm unsure how to
preceed exactly. On one hand we want apps to only set the icon (and not embed
a widget), but there are quite some apps using KSystemTray as widget.

And if we don't want this patch, then at least KSystemTray should be
consistent in itself and not take a QWidget parent. Because that makes no
sense to me. Either it's a widget or it's none.

Greetings, Stephan