Custom cursors?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Jul 8 18:50:24 BST 2006

In KOffice we have various apps that have over time implemented a
rotate-cursor.  A rounded cursor with arrows on both sides.
We are in the process of consolidating that and I'm wondering if we should
do that in KOffice libraries or in KDELibs.  I guess that adding a rotate
and/or skew cursor to KCursor would be in everybodies interrest.

The idea KCursor seems to be to provide KDE-like configurability to
cursors. The funny thing is that it only does that for one cursor
nowadays :)  The rest comes from Qt.
And that one cursor is read from an XPM one.

I want to ask if we care about themable cursors and if anyone else things
its a good idea to have the rotate and/or skew cursors in kdelibs.

On themable cursors; is there a kde-standard dir for it? If not; where
should I install the png file?

Thanks!
--
Thomas Zander