KDE/kdelibs

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Jul 8 08:16:21 BST 2006

David Faure wrote:
>Let's stop generating adaptors that completely fail at runtime
> (qinvokemethod -> no compile-time checking). QT4_ADD_DBUS_ADAPTORS is
> deprecated, use QT4_ADD_DBUS_ADAPTOR() instead, which now takes in its
> arguments the header file and the classname of the parent object being
> adapted. The methods in the adaptor simply call the methods in the
> parent object, which means we know at compile-time that the xml and the
> C++ match.

I oppose the very existence of this macro.

Adaptors are meant to be generated by the developer at development time,
not by the user at compile-time. Those files should be then checked in to
the Subversion server or whatever source control system you are using.

This macro will be an incentive for people to generate adaptors at
compile-time.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358