KDE/kdelibs

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jul 4 15:50:34 BST 2006

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 15:11, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 July 2006 5:17, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 July 2006 04:55, David Faure wrote:
> > > This also shows that we can't generate adaptors at compile-time when the
> > > slots need the additional QDBusMessage argument; but that's probably a
> > > rare case.
> >
> > I have a need for that in KTTSD.  For now, I'm hand editing the adaptor.  I
>
> hand editing adaptors is discouraged at this point ... and isn't as necessary
> as it once was ... what are you needing to do that requires hand editing?

You need hand editing when you need to have the QDBusMessage argument at the end
of your dbus method/slot (e.g. to call service(), which is the sender service, or to use
dbus transactions like in klauncher or kcookiejar, basically to delay the answer).

There is no other solution than hand-editing the adaptors right now, but well;
that's how Thiago intended it.

I talked to Marius about adding an annotation in the xml for this, but he's not really
convinced and I have to admit that I'm not either; it's an implementation detail
of the adaptor, irrelevant to the clients of that interface. Maybe this should be done
on the dbusxml2cpp command-line somehow, or with a separate file...