KDE4 proposal: Paths in i18n strings

Alexander Petrov zowers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 19:13:48 BST 2006

Hello,

On 7/3/06, Gary L. Greene Jr. <greeneg at phoenuxos.com> wrote:
> Most Mac development literature from Apple says that if the application is one
> being used by the end user, the paths should be represented in
> the "volume:Path:To:File" format. The only time it should be output
> as /Path/To/File is in console applications. Mind you, this makes it a little
> inconsistent, but this is what most Mac users are accustomed to.

that is not so.
Open Finder, select a file, Click File -> Get Info (Command+I) - File
info window appears
In General tab we see:
Kind: Folder
Size: bla-bla MB on disk (bla-bla bytes)
Where: /Volumes/Data/useres/zowers

btw: Finder - is most common Mac OS X application (native apple file manager).
Quick Time Player uses same scheme.

--
BR. Alexander 'zowers' Petrov.    jabber:zowers at jabber.ru    icq:69694782
http://zowers.googlepages.com/    mailto:zowers at gmail.com