GUI framework in kde4

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Mon Jul 3 08:35:24 BST 2006

On Monday 03 July 2006 09:28, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Sunday 02 July 2006 22:08, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please see the following document created at Trysil about improving
> > XMLGUI (actually, mostly replacing it, but preserving + improving
> > features):
> >
> > http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+4+GUI+framework
> >
> > Feedback encouraged :)
>
> How will I store the description of a single GUI element (like a
> toolbar) in a file, if everything is moved to .ui files? What we need
> is to save/load toolbars and actions on demand to/from files.

You define the actions either in your code at runtime, or in designer at
creation time, and then you can open a file at runtime which describes where
to put that element, and this will be taken care of by the framework.  The
file's format may be similar or the same to .ui files, but it will work at
runtime.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers,
Hamish.