GUI framework in kde4

Michaël Larouche michael.larouche at kdemail.net
Mon Jul 3 01:02:45 BST 2006

Le July 2, 2006 19:35, Hamish Rodda a écrit :
>  A general data-flow, or workflow would be appreciated.
>
> 1. developer creates KMainWindow subclass in designer
> 2. developer adds actions (stdactions, custom actions, and merge points) to
> toolbars, menus etc. with designer
> 3. developer saves as a .ui file and informs build system
> 3a. developer does same process as 2 + 3 for each kpart, except the actions
> get added at merge points.
> 4. uic compiles .ui file into a class, which has the actions as class
> members 5. developer writes rest of the app and connects signals from
> actions to slots by hand (or maybe we can even do an autoconnect thing)
> 6. developer compiles + runs app
> 7. app has all information it needs compiled in, doesn't need the .ui file
> to run
> 7a. app merges kparts, which also have the information compiled in
> 8. app loads user config to change anything about the layout that the user
> wants

So with the new framework, we will be forced to use Qt Designer to do
KMainWindow subclass ?  Or you can do it all manually ?
For me, I would use the Designer but I'm thinking of the other case too.

--
Michaël Larouche
KDE developer working on Kopete, Kamefu, Solid...on dial-up :P
MSN/Email: michael.larouche at kdemail.net
IRC: irc.freenode.org/DarkShock on #kopete,#solid,#kamefu,#plasma
Jabber: darkshock at myjabber.net