Labels, widgets and click targets in KDE/Qt

Sandro Giessl sandro at giessl.com
Sun Jul 2 21:38:56 BST 2006

On Friday 30 June 2006 19:17, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 30 June 2006 13:36, Florian Graessle wrote:
> > How about the coding aspect? Is this something KDE can solve or would it
> > be Qt/Trolltech's call?
>
> Assuming the "buddy" of the label is set to the related widget,
> this can be done both ways. Either in QLabel (TT's call), or in
> KApplication::notify().

I think for usability reasons, the labels should also paint a focus rect when
clicked (like in http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~soma/kde/labelselection.html). I
imagine it's a bit confusing without visual feedback. TT's call would be
better to achieve this, I guess.

I like Florian's suggestion, BTW. Using it in the example HTML page feels very
natural.