CMake or SCONS?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jan 30 11:44:11 GMT 2006

Dave Feustel wrote:
>Some tme ago I read in one of the KDE mailing lists that KDE 4 would use
>SCONS as its build tool. Has CMake replaced SCONS? If not, what are
>the two tools being used for in KDE?

We did choose scons in aKademy, back in Málaga. So that's the build tool
that we want.

However, progress wasn't going fast enough, for many reasons out of our
control. And we didn't manage to enlist scons developers help so far. In
the meantime, we've got some eager people working on cmake and its
developers' are actually helping. So it's no harm to let them work.

In the end, the work that actually gets done prevails.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.