is new lib dependency possible for 3.5.2?

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Fri Jan 27 22:53:24 GMT 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 13:16, Fredrik Höglund wrote:
> On Friday 27 January 2006 18:05, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 27. Januar 2006 14:49 schrieb Andriy Rysin:
> > > libxklavier is used in GNOME
> >
> > Does it depend on glib?
>
> The libxklavier developers have announced [1] that they will "most
> probably" be introducing a glib dependency in the near future,
> citing the fact that GNOME is the only desktop using it as one of
> the reasons.

Would this really be a disaster?  I mean, if it *has* to be programmed in C,
relying on glib wouldn't be a bad idea.  I suppose even I would complain if
it brought the full force of g* to bear (glib, gobject, gnome-vfs, etc) but
the fact of the matter is that it is inviting a lot of unnecessary bugs to
spurn glib when writing C-based applications.

Or alternatively, what are the other options for a decent C support library?
The is APR (Apache Portable Runtime), which Subversion and Apache 2.0 users
are at least guaranteed to have.  But does it implement lists and other such
stuff or just try to make a neutral API for OS interfaces?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne