Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Fri Jan 27 16:36:08 GMT 2006

Alexander Dymo wrote:

> On Thursday 26 January 2006 02:27, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
>> For what it's worth, the single reason I keep using XEmacs (even though I
>> do keep an eye on kdevelop) is code formatting. KDevelop loses against
>> xemacs at the first curly brace I type.

> We rely on kate part for automatic code formatting. But "static" source
> reformatter we have in KDevelop indeed sucks.

And that automatic code formatting is very week compared to Emacs's, IMO.
That's one single issue that keeps me from using KDevelop, and when I
raised that issue in kdevelop-devel, it turned out nobody's interested in
fixing that.

And "static" source reformatter is as bad idea as could be. There should be
*one* reformatter, otherwise two reformatters will have slightly different
ideas about code layout.

- Volodya