is new lib dependency possible for 3.5.2?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Jan 27 08:31:57 GMT 2006

Andriy Rysin wrote:
>Is it possible to get new lib dependency in 3.5.2? I am planning to use
>libxklavier to do xkb configuration parsing which have to solve a lot of
>problems for kxkb for KDE4. But if it's possible to do it for 3.5.2 as
>well, then we could fix some number of kxkb problems in 3.5 branch.

[Moving to kde-core-devel since kxkb is part of kdebase]

Well, if at all possible, we'd rather not have this dependency. It would
be quite a big feature and one that could introduce many regressions into
the 3.5.x series.

If the feature is really necessary, then maybe you could just copy over
the relevant sections?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.