kdevelop (Re: Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 26 20:17:23 GMT 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 11:02, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> Jaison Lee wrote:
> > If I were the KDevelop team I
> > would put all my resources into getting it to run as well as possible
> > under Windows
> >
> That would be an utter waste of time IMHO.

I agree with Guillaume. Windows developers have IDEs to choose from already.
On the other hand I'm currently doing Qt training to a company who uses Qt on
Windows and is thinking about starting to develop some stuff on Linux, and they
obviously need a good IDE on Linux - that's where KDevelop fits in. KDevelop
has to be the best IDE on Unix systems, since it really fills a gap there.
The Windows developers have everything they need on Windows already, but if
they want to switch to Unix, then they need a good IDE on Unix; if we provide
them with that, we might end up with more KDE developers :)