invitation: try compiling kdelibs using cmake

Mickael Marchand marchand at kde.org
Thu Jan 26 19:34:33 GMT 2006

William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 01:45 PM 1/26/2006, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>
>>On Thursday 26 January 2006 19:35, Mickael Marchand wrote:
>>
>>>ok :)
>>>I would suggest linking to the debug one by default, as it is the
>>>current default with unsermake too.
>>
>>Bill, can this be done via the switch between release and debug build ? How ?
>
> If CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is set to Debug, then it will use the debug libraries
> for QT4.  That should fix Mickael's build since he only has the debug version
> of qt4 on his system.  Mickael can you verify that this works for you?

hmm, I ran 'ccmake ..' from my build dir.
set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to Debug (also tried 'debug')
then pressed 'c' to configure,
and it failed with the same error ;)

I think the problem comes from the CMakeLists.txt in kdeui (and other
libs probably)
QT_QTGUI_LIBRARY is used in this file, so I think cmake tells me that
it's required (regardless of whether QT_QTGUI_LIBRARY_DEBUG is available
or not).
maybe there should be some kind of syntax to say :
"I want to link with QT_QTGUI_LIBRARY _or_ QT_QTGUI_LIBRARY_DEBUG" in
the CMakeLists files
or a wrapper variable which is set to the correct library.

(unrelated:
the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX variable seems to be always misdetected (as
/usr/local, whereas I have cmake in /opt/kde4)

Cheers,
Mik