kdevelop (Re: Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4)

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Thu Jan 26 09:58:34 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 02:27:55AM +0200, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Thursday 26 January 2006 01:44, David Faure wrote:
Hi Alexander,

> > I would need kdevelop to have support for emacs-lisp, or to have at least
> > all the features implemented in kdesdk/scripts/kde-emacs/ (good luck!),
> > but the latter would be less flexible for future extensibility...
> Ok, is it essential for you to have support for lisp. Will other languages
> (lua, python, whatever...) fit you? The question is whether it is important
> to have emacs-lisp or to have powerful scriptability for an IDE.
I think the main point of providing emacs-lisp support here is to use
all the already available, powerfull emacs scripts. Of course you can add
support for another scripting language, however if nobody ports the scripts
as well, nobody will gain from it.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Councile of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!