unresolved symbols from value.cpp/.h

Maks Orlovich maksim at kde.org
Tue Jan 24 18:52:26 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 13:01, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> > Here two patches for kjs - splitted into errors and warnings.
> > The warnigns are mostly irrelevant but I won't disable them by default.
>
> Are those changes ok or don't you like to support msvc anymore?

Sorry, not much time ATM. I think they're fine, but likely the latest sync
with the Apple tree will cover at least some portion of them. So feel free
to commit, but some stuff may get lost at the latest sync, etc.
Sorry, but we don't have a good solution for pushing things around ATM.

And whether I like to support msvc is irrelevant, what's relevant is whether
someone is willing to make stuff work with it w/o breaking things for the
rest of us :-)

> And what about the ugly hack with class ValueImp?

There is no ugly hack there. Just a standard language idiom. These methods
should never be used. The only way to ensure that is to declare them and
mark them private, as otherwise public defaults will be generated. And as they
can't ever do anything sensible, there is no definition. (The only acceptable
one would be abort(), basically). The point is, ValueImp's are not copyable,
even though they're exported outside the library.

And again, the only solution is a #define to disable those for the broken
compilers out there.