which compilers do we want to support with KDE 4 ?

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Mon Jan 23 08:18:21 GMT 2006

On Saturday 21 January 2006 18:23, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op zaterdag 21 januari 2006 13:55, schreef Nicolas Goutte:
> > Switching from CVS to SVN was also supposed to be
> > very easy, however KDE lost many language translations... so how many
> > translations (at least of documentation) [..]
>
> Hi Nicolas.
>
> Just out of curiousity, can you tell me where I can find or how I can see
> how much we lost due to this?

I have never tried to have more precise data about it.

For finding it in a half-automated fashion, it would probably mean to check
the PO-Revision-Date of the PO files and check that it is older than 2005-05
If all PO files of a team are like that, then the translation is probably
orphaned, probably for that technical reason.

> I would like to know which languages that
> where. I am willing to contact them to ask if this was really the reason
> and convince them to rejoin.

Sure, it could be a nice idea to try to re-activate such teams.

Or at least to be able to declare that those languages are orphaned. That
would simplify things if somebody else wants to take over, as currently we
can only refuse such a tke.over as there is supposed to still be a
translation coordinator for such a language.

> Tom

Have  a nice day!