which compilers do we want to support with KDE 4 ?

Mirko Boehm mirko at kde.org
Mon Jan 23 03:01:19 GMT 2006

On Saturday 21 January 2006 13:55, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> Just a comment: as far as known, KDE is suppose to compile on non-gcc
> compilers too, starting with MSVC for Windows. Also there is a wish to
> compile on Linux with icc. Are those all gcc4 (or at least gcc 3,4)
> compliant too?
If we can settle on "compilers that support a language standard at the same
level of gcc4 and msvc 8, then this sounds like an acceptable compromise to
me.

Supporting gcc <3 or even < 3.4 does not. When developing a sophisticated
piece of software like KDE, we have to rely on the best available tools.

--Mirko.
--
KDE e.V.: http://ev.kde.org