State of the Qt3 DBus bindings

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jan 22 20:34:54 GMT 2006

Hi everybody,

after Cornelius Schumacher spent some time last weekend [1] working with a
snapshot of the Qt3 bindings I backported from Harald Fernengel's Qt4
bindings, he contacted me inquiring the state of those bindings.

As it seems currently not possible [2] to add new bindings to
freedesktop.org's CVS until their 1.0 release, we decided, after checking
with Will Stephenson, to commit them to

branches/work/dbus-qt4-qt3backport

where Will had once started a similar endeavor.

The bindings work very well for the simple tasks I have tested them with, but
there are still some uncertain areas around data marshalling and Qt3
QVariant's limitations relative to Qt4's implementation.

I spent the last three days on the binding's API DOX so I'd like to ask if
there is a place on KDE's webservers where I can put their HTML version or if
I should rather put them up on some private website for now.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1752
[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2006-January/003989.html