Proposal: consistency for dateFormat()

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Jan 20 09:45:00 GMT 2006

Hello,
My proposal is to change the default of shortFormat to true for KDElibs4 here:

QString KLocale::formatDate(const QDate &pDate, bool shortFormat = false) const;

Why? Many of KLocale data/time-related functions default to short formats, in
particular, shortFormat is true by default here:

   QString KLocale::formatDateTime(const QDateTime &pDateTime,
			 bool shortFormat = true,
			 bool includeSecs = false) const;

I must admit that at least two times I used formatDate(const QDate &)
expecting short format as in formatDateTime() and was surprised that long
format was printed.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki