Problem with tm_gmtoff in kjs

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Thu Jan 19 07:37:28 GMT 2006

Von: Harri Porten <porten at froglogic.com>
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>
> > In kjs/date_object.cpp you're using tm.tm_gmtoff which isn't defined on
> > win32. Afaik this member is a BSD extension and so not available
> > everywhere.So my question is what to do with this:
> > - define the structure with tm_gmtoff (and tm_zone) for win32 (this is
> > possible because win32 sdk headers mask the definition with '#ifndef
> > _TM_DEFINED')
> > - mask the usage of tm_gmtoff with '#ifndef Q_OS_WIN'
>
> Checking for _WIN32 would be preferrable as the Q_OS_* macros are not set
> in kjs.
>
> > - add a check for tm_gmtoff in bksys/unsermake and mask then with
> '#ifdef
> > HAVE_TM_GMTOFF'
>
> Is this with trunk or a 3.x branch?
I only work with trunk.

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/kdelibs-js/kjs/date_object.cpp?rev=478757&r1=478730&r2=478757

> It removes the platform specific #ifdef's we had in before. Instead of
> t.tm_gmtoff we used -timezone.
Yes, this introduced the problem. Looks like I didn't recompile kdelibs/kjs
for some weeks :)

I've also problems with redefinition of strncasecmp - kdelibs/win defines it
too (or maybe a check in bksys - don't know excatly atm).

Christian