ANNOUNCE: experimental support for building kdelibs 4 with cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jan 16 18:47:04 GMT 2006

Hi,

On Monday 16 January 2006 19:20, you wrote:
> I can't compile cmake cvs on win32.
>
> ------------------8<--------
> E:\kde\CMake>cmake .
> CMake Error: CMAKE can not find the command line program cmake.
>   argv[0] = "cmake"
>   Attempted paths:
>     "cmake"
>     "c:/Hoffman/My Builds/CMakeRelease-relbuild/bin/./cmake.exe"
>     "C:/Program Files/CMake/bin/cmake"
>
> CMake Error: Error executing cmake::LoadCache().  Aborting.
> ------------------8<--------

Iit should work, it's tested daily on a lot of platforms:
http://www.cmake.org/Testing/Dashboard/MostRecentResults-Nightly/Dashboard.html

But apparently it doesn't for you.

I guess you followed these instructions:

"Windows
In order to build CMake from a source tree, you must first install the latest
binary version of CMake because it is used for building the source tree. Once
the binary is installed, run it on CMake as you would any other project.
Typically this means selecting CMake as the Source directory and then
selecting a binary directory for the resulting executables."

Did you try also using CMakeSetup from the start menu ?

> Copying cmake.exe into E:\kde\CMake:
>
> ------------------8<--------
> <a lot of checks>
> CMake Error: File E:/kde/CMake/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c is
> written by
>  WRITE_FILE (or FILE WRITE) command and should not be used as input to
> CMake. Pl
> ease use CONFIGURE_FILE to be safe. Refer to the note next to FILE WRITE
> command.
>
> No Makefile or .vcproj is been generated.
>
> btw: We need a 'posix' layer (aka kdewin32.lib) with own system headers
> - is this possible somehow.

I don't know exactly what you mean with "own system headers", but I don't see
a reason why it shouldn't work.

Bye
Alex