kdelibs (partial) todo list

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jan 14 10:19:07 GMT 2006

On Saturday 14 January 2006 09:50, Gregory Hayes wrote:
> > ... for all those things, don't just port blindly. Use or write test
> > programs in kdeui/tests,
> > to experiment with the Qt4 classes and then with your additions to them.
> >

> This is good advice! I am having trouble getting any of the tests in there
> to run however. :( I always get something like:
>
> [kdedev at chapterhouse tests]$ ./kgradienttest
> kdecore.dll: FATAL: conversion to int information has been lost
> Aborted

This one is obviously hitting a regression/bug due to the KConfigBase changes.
(This error message is from KConfigBase::readEntry, kconfigbase.h)
Check the readEntry calls in kgradienttest.cpp, one of them must be wrong.
Or if you say all of the tests have this problem, then the bug is in a kdecore
class that they all use - kapp, or kglobal or something like that. A backtrace
will tell you immediately.